Policies and Services
- All students should sign in when using the Library for research, study, or computers. You don't need an appointment to work with staff.
- Identification Cards : To borrow library materials, the student should present a Plaza ID card with a valid barcode sticker. If your ID does not have a barcode label, please see a library staff member at the Circulation Desk. You will need this barcode to use the ProQuest databases at home.
- Loan Period: Students with Plaza College identification cards may take out three (3) books from the circulating collection for a loan period of two weeks. A one-time renewal is available. You may renew in person, by phone, or by email. (Note: All books are due by the end of the semester.) A fine of 25 cents per day will be charged for each overdue book.
- Reserve materials are for use in the library for a 2 hours loan.
- Students may arrange to view non-circulating DVD's in the Academic Resources Center.
- Magazines do not circulate. Use databases instead.
- Library Etiquette: It is the intention of the Library staff to provide a quiet place for students to read and study. Food and drinks are, therefore, not permitted in the library. Students who wish to meet for social purposes are encouraged to use the Student Commons on the main floor. All library materials must be handled with care. Students found responsible for any damaged materials will be fined. Please return all library materials to the Circulation Desk after use.
- Library Computers: Students should sign in. The computers can be used for Microsoft Office and to search the internet and electronic databases. You can email information to your email account, or save to your storage unit and print.
- Additional Services: Printing paper is available at the desk for 5 cents a sheet. The photocopy machine in the library requires 10 cents for each exposure.